Source UVgel Printing Substrates
Browse our print substrate categories and find digital print media from leading industry manufacturers
Click on a substrate category and find digital print media for UVgel inks
Substrate Bank – the go-to source for Canon Colorado substrates
Our B2B-platform is connecting media manufacturers of UVgel printing substrates with print companies, print media buyers, material specifiers from global brands, print designers, architects, and many more.
What is UVgel? How does UVgel work?
Canon UVgel technology comprises several specially-developed elements that combine to achieve a process that retains the advantages of prevailing printer technologies, while eliminating many of the compromises.
The key to Canon UVgel technology is the fact that the ink is essentially a gel, developed according to UV curing principles. The simplified stages of the Canon UVgel printing process are as follows:
- Inside the printheads, Canon UVgel ink is heated and turns from gel into liquid.
- The temperate controlled platen maintains the substrate at a constant 28℃ temperature regardless of environmental factors.
- On contact with the media, the liquefied ink drops return immediately to their gel state.
- In their gel state, the ink droplets are ‘pinned’ instantly to the media, assisted by a partial LED ‘precure’ process.
- Full LED curing takes place at a later stage, after the image swathe is completely formed and gelled on the media.